Presently polypropylene ball valves are used for heating and pipeline systems. They facilitate greatly the installation work and as a result any individual can assemble a pipeline by himself. Ball valves should be used to limit the flow of liquid in the plastic pipe. They have a lot of differences in comparison to the same taps that are manufactured from other materilas and have a lot of advantages in this relation.
The advantages of ball valves include:
- longevity of the product - such a tap can serve for about 25 years and even more, depending on the operation mode;
- reliability lying in the simplicity of design;
- availability – the cost of the product is relatively low due to the low cost of raw materials;
-rather small mass of the product that facilitates greatly its transportation, installation works and other procedures;
- leak tightness;
- nonsusceptibility to corrosion, various slumps and fungi;
- resistance to chemical substances that are used to clean pipes;
- due to permeability it does not accumulate any dirt;
- no preventive or maintenance works are required;
- ecological compatibility of the product - it can be used for both drinking water and hot water.
It is worth noting that when buying the product the attention should be paid to the following details:
- the product shall be manufactured from the same material as other components of the water system;
- the diameters of the pipe and the ball fan shall be the same;
- the product features shall comply with the operating conditions.